Chavarah- Jewish Community Learning

A blog of Jewish study and traditions. Notes from classes: Torah Study with Rabbi Marder, Toledot and Shabbaton as well as other details found of interest.

IF you want to be part of our Chavarah email group let me know at carol@traditionsrenewed.com

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Finding Different Ideas for Judaica

I have been thinking about what might be needed or what might enhance Jewish Traditions that I can make into meaningful Judaica products.

In the past I made Miriam and Elijah cups for passover;


I made Shema pillows:


I made Remeberance Stones with prayers on them:


We are already starting to produce HATIKVAH bracelets (no photo yet)

But I want to find more and better items to give meaning to "things Jewish"

Here are some of my ideas:

  • Healing Pillows (You always can use a comfort item to give to someone who is ill)
  • Mitzvah Candles (I did them for Hanukkah but should do them for Shabbat too)
  • Traveler Prayer Magnets for the car (Did some but didn't like the design - that prayer is too long!)
  • An Activity Item for Pesach - I loved the bowl of plagues (toys) my sister found and I would love to create something like that.
  • Jewish games for events and classrooms.
  • Something to do with heirlooms and maybe something to do with the broken glass from a wedding.


    Am I giving away the "store" by listing the ideas? No, I really hope someone will give me feedback and work with me to develop these things further.

    Is there something you thought of that maybe I can help you develop into a meaningful product.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home