Chavarah- Jewish Community Learning

A blog of Jewish study and traditions. Notes from classes: Torah Study with Rabbi Marder, Toledot and Shabbaton as well as other details found of interest.

IF you want to be part of our Chavarah email group let me know at carol@traditionsrenewed.com

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hebrew Words

Lisa pointed out that the Hebrew for "word" and "thing" are the same. I want more on this!

Definitely "words" for thought.

I looked for more information on this on the web ... while I didn't find exactly that information I did find a fascinating site about Hebrew words:


Hebrew Words and Thoughts a really interesting site if you are studying Hebrew words.

One of my favorites from this:

Hebrew nouns for father and mother are descriptive of action.
The Hebrew word for father is (av) and literally means "the one who gives strength to the family"
and mother (em) means "the one that binds the family together".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home