Chavarah- Jewish Community Learning

A blog of Jewish study and traditions. Notes from classes: Torah Study with Rabbi Marder, Toledot and Shabbaton as well as other details found of interest.

IF you want to be part of our Chavarah email group let me know at carol@traditionsrenewed.com

Sunday, January 09, 2005

OMG

They say it all the time: "OH MY GOD" They use it in e-language all the time "OMG"

Are the talking about the God that is the only God of monotheistic religions?


I am not sure... it is confusing sometimes.

In fact the OMG blog is X rated and mostly about sex. I know that God did us a favor when all those interesting and terrific qualities were added to our make up that cause sex to be enjoyable. However, in my opinion, God didn't really intend for us to exploit sex the way some do... and certainly not name a blog "Oh My God".

Watching a favorite shows about home remodel ... what is the most common reaction when people see their new places? "OH MY GOD". Well why are they exclaiming to God? Maybe they really do think that God helped with this wonderful makeover (or not so wonderful if that is the case). Since I really don't believe in a micro-managing God, I really think it was those who did the work who make all the difference. But you never know.

So here is my idea... each time I say this common phrase, I hope I will think better if it is appropriate... also, I will listen for alternate things to say that are more appropriate.

Ideas welcome...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about "Oh My Goodness!" Or just "Oh My!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home